Warning: Readers may find some of the content in this article disturbing.
A Minnesota man who was sentenced to probation in February on child pornography charges is facing eight new charges of the same nature.
Riley Benjamin Tuve, 24, was charged last week in Kandiyohi County with eight child pornography counts, four for possession and four for dissemination.
Tuve was put on probation in February in a case involving 12 child pornography charges. Eleven of these charges were dismissed, and Tuve pleaded guilty to one dissemination count in September 2021, court records show.
He was sentenced to two years in prison. However, Judge David L. Mennis issued Tuve a stay of imposition, which exchanged his prison time for five years of probation.
Tuve is currently serving a 27-day jail sentence in connection to the case.
In the new case, Tuve is accused of uploading four images of “pre-pubescent females” between the ages of 11 and 14 to Snapchat on Dec. 26, 2021, a few months after he pleaded guilty in his first case.
Police executed a search warrant on Tuve’s home on March 23, according to court documents. Police discovered a video of a “pre-pubescent female performing oral sex on a male” when they conducted forensic exams of a cellphone and computer tower, a criminal complaint says.
Tuve denied uploading the images to Snapchat but “did not have an answer” for police when they asked him about “the iCloud account listing him as the account holder.”
Under the terms of his probation, Tuve was expected to remain law-abiding, complete a psychological evaluation, and register as a predatory offender. He must also install monitoring software on all of his devices and provide his passwords to his probation officer.
It’s unclear if he abided by these conditions, but he told police he “knew he wasn’t supposed to have” the cellphone they discovered.
According to the West Central Tribune, Tuve made his first court appearance July 12 and bail was set at $75,000, or $5,000 for conditional release.